Suction grab bars
AmeriLuck Suction Bath Grab Bar 16.5″ with Indicators, Bathroom Shower Handle (White, 2 Pack)
- PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY – For getting sufficient suction power to work, 1)✔ This Suction Grab Bar only works on tile size LARGER THAN 4×6″, 2)✔ The suction discs can not be mounted on grout seam(s). 3)✔ Make sure there’s no texture on the shower wall, 4)✔ The mounting surface must be flat, non-porous and smooth for any other applications.
- NO TOOL REQUIRED INSTALLATION – This AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bar is easy to install. (1).Clean the rubber discs and the surface it is to be attached to thoroughly. (2). Press as hard as possible against the wall till the green indicators show up. (3). Press down on the flip-up easy release tabs, you will feel negative pressure. The greater the pressure, the better the suction. (Installation Manual included)
- SAFE TO USE – The indicators on the side of the suction cup will change from red to green when a safe and secure hold is achieved. Before each use, test the firm hold of the suction device. Ensure that both indicators are GREEN. If the adhesion seems insufficient, release the suction assist bar and reattach again.
- PERFECTLY FOR ELDERLY/SENIOR/ALL AGES – This could be a sweet gift for elderly/senior parents/grand parents. Medical Assist Balance Hand Grip Rail, Tub Safety of Elderly, Kid, Handicap, Injured, Pregnant…
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY – This AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bar(s) come with a limited lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defects.
When you suffer a fall, one of the last things you want is to be found naked in the bathroom unable to get up – not very dignified, is it?
The AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bars have many safety features and if used correctly can be a valuable addition to any bathroom, just using them for that extra stability you sometimes need.
Who Should Use a Suction Grab Bar?
Figures from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) reported that nearly a quarter of a million nonfatal injuries a year in the U.S. were bathroom related.
Bet you never realized your bathroom was that dangerous! Over two-thirds of the accidental injuries were in the bathtub or shower – not surprising when you consider how wet and slippery they get.
The AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bars aren’t just for the elderly either. Anybody who struggles with mobility or balance issues may find a grab bar makes showering or bathing so much easier. In fact, injuries around the tub or the shower are proportionately most common between the ages of 15 to 24.
If you’re traveling, a suction grab bar is something you can slip in your case for that extra safety away from home. Guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 are very strict concerning the placement and quality of grab bars used in public buildings. As a result many hotels don’t install grab bars, while grab bars for home use or mobile use aren’t regulated by the ADA.
Are AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bars Safe?
If the suction grab bars are used correctly can be a great addition to your bathroom safety equipment. But remember, they’re not 100 percent fail proof. Many can easily lose their suction, especially if you don’t check them before use. That’s the motive that AmeriLuck developed these suction grab bars with suction indicators.
The AmeriLuck suction grab bars are recommended for balance assist, but shouldn’t be used to support your full bodyweight. A fixed and more permanent shower or bath grab bar will offer more safety for people who need a stronger pulling action getting in and out of the tub or shower. If you need more than a little tug, get AmeriLuck Stainless Steel Bath Grab Bars Series with 500 pounds loading capacity fitted instead or as well as these suction grab bars.
Safety Tips to Consider When Using a Suction Grab Bar
As with all grab bars for the bathroom, suction-type handles and bars are only as safe as their mounting. Suction grab bars demand the proper surface to be fixed securely:
- The product will work best on a flat, non-porous surface.
- Work on tiles, glass and fiberglass or plastic. NOTE: Painted wall is not recommended for this suction grab bar to be mounted to, which might cause damage to your wall
- A dry surface is required and cleaning with alcohol to remove any debris or residue is recommended.
- An uneven surface or textured surface will result in a suction cup which isn’t securely fixed.
- Avoid covering two tiles or the grout line – there must be no way for air to get under the cup/pad.
What Are the Best Suction Grab Bars?
With so many suction grab bars on the market, it’s difficult to know which is best for your needs. In general, shorter grab bars tend to be more sturdy, but some people may require that extra length for more stability.
Here you have two options from AmeriLuck: one with 4 inches grip part and the other with 9 inches.
The feature of safety indicators of AmeriLuck Suction Grab Bar that showes when the bar is secured is very useful. But always check the bar manually before using it, for that extra peace of mind. The AmeriLuck suction grab bars when used correctly for stability are very strong, with some even known to rip the tiles off the wall. Be careful not to choose a suction grab bar without suction indiacators.
AmeriLuck suction grab bar can be an inexpensive but an essential aid in the bathroom for many people with stability issues. The elderly or people with kids will find them useful for both the tub and the shower. And best of all, they’re easily installed or removed if you need help in the shower when traveling. For a hotel, or on trips to friends’ homes, they won’t damage the wall or leave any marks in most cases. In your own bathroom, it’s advisable to install more permanent screw in bars which will better support your bodyweight when needed. Many people even use a combination of fixed grab bars with additional adjustable suction grab bars for added stability.